New snacks on sale now for a limited time! Use code NEW for 15% off.
Hugely informative and stunningly produced, the Mary, Queen of Scots Book of Days pairs a practical perpetual diary with a wealth of material on the life and times of Mary, Queen of Scots (1542-1587). The first woman to be crowned as a queen regnant in the British Isles, her tumultuous life and tragic end has fascinated people for centuries. Each of the 365 days of the calendar year has the date, but not the day, of the month, allowing the owner to record events and reminders over many years.
The linen-effect cover reproduces a detail from François Clouet’s Portrait of Mary, Queen of Scots (circa 1558), courtesy of the Royal Collection Trust, with the interior printed on Munken Pure paper, perfect for writing, and completed with a ribbon bookmark. The high-quality production and luxurious feel make this an ideal gift item for anyone with an interest in Tudor and Stewart history.
• Six days at a glance with space for notes
• At-a-glance year planner
• List special occasions each month
• Ideal for recurring annual events
• Can be returned to for years to come
Tudor history and the life of Mary, Queen of Scots:
• Inspired by Renaissance-period Books of Hours
• Biographic overview of Mary, Queen of Scots
• An elegy by Mary
• A list of key facts about Mary, Queen of Scots
• Mary, Queen of Scots quotes
• Descriptions of a significant event and place at the start of each month
• Stuart-period saints and feast days
• Index of people and events
Part of the Elizabeth and Mary: Royal Cousins, Rival Queens exhibition range.
Find out more about the exhibition https://www.bl.uk/events/elizabeth-and-mary
Shop the rest of the range https://shop.bl.uk/collections/elizabeth-and-mary
Number of pages: 256 pages